Saturday, May 7, 2011

Summer is approaching.....

We have been extremely busy lately!  I started a new job in March working for a small airline here in Skagway part-time on the weekends.  Nick is working on-call part-time at the Skagway library.  We officially opened up the RV Park Easter weekend.  Yay!  Aspyn finished pre-school a little over a week ago.  Kolson is still a sweetheart, but he is entering that terrible toddler stage.  Nick decided to call it terrible toddler instead of terrible 2 because the age really has nothing to do with it.  It's not magically over when they turn 3.  It just doesn't work that way.  Braxton moved into another house, now he live's in Henderson, Nevada.  I go to court at the end of the month.  Hopefully everything goes well and my boy will get to come live in Alaska with our family.  We have missed him terribly!


The first cruise ship arrived yesterday.  It was the Disney Wonder ship.  I've been subbing at the school this week and they had a special assembly yesterday for all of the kids.  They had a visit from Mickey, Minnie, Chip & Dale, and Pluto.  Every one had the chance to stand in line and hug the characters and get their picture taken with them if they had a camera.  It was awesome!  They also gave out little stuffed Mickey's to all of the kids.  The school also had a visit yesterday from the Governor of Alaska.  He shook my hand.  Now I can say I've shaken hands with the Governor.


We moved into a new to us house just before Easter.  We now live in town and not out on the Hill.  It is good for a few reason's, but one being that gas was $4.53 per gallon last week and has been going up 10 cents per gallon for the last few weeks.  Other than the cost of living, we are still loving Alaska.  It is such a great place to raise a family.  It is so safe here and the beauty is incomparable.  Our new house is great because it has a lot more space and we are 2 blocks from the school and right across the street from the Rec Center.

1 comment:

sms said...

What a beautiful blog! You don't know me but I was just googling Skagway wallpapers to make my new desktop background and I stumbled upon your great little page! I am visiting Skagway for the second time in two weeks and I am sooo excited. I arrived last year on a windy May day off the Holland America Vollendam cruise ship and ever since then (one year ago to the day) I cannot get Skagway out of my head. It is by far the most beautiful place I've been able to visit in a very long time. This time around, I'm bringing along a very good friend and we are staying at the Home Hostel and I'm beaming with excitement and anticipation. You are so lucky to live in such a beautiful state....

Thank you for allowing us to read your blog, hope its not too weird that a random stranger is commenting...I just couldn't stay away. You seem to live a beautiful life and your children are lovely. All the best to you and your family..

- S from Calgary, Alberta Canada :-)