Sunday, February 21, 2010

Long time no posting

So what's new with us Picketts?   Actually, a lot.  Nick is in school.  He is in the Parks Law Enforcement Academy here in Mount Vernon.  He is getting beat up weekly.  His graduation date is set for May 12, 2010. 

Also, we have our new edition now.  His name is Kolson Zakye Pickett.  He was born on 11-10-2009 at 6:27 AM.  He weighed 7 lbs 11 oz and was 19 inches long.  He is now 3 months old and absolutely huge. I am so in love!  He is wearing 12 month clothes already and he only weighs 7 pounds less than Aspyn.

Braxton is still living in Utah with his dad.  We miss him terribly and look forward to his visits.  He comes again in March for Spring Break.  He is doing awesome in school though and I am very proud of his academic progress.

Aspyn is still spunky little Aspyn.  She's crazy all the time!  Or maybe I'm the one that's crazy due to her.  Probably the latter.  She is insanely smart.  She talks too much and learns things she probably shouldn't.  She amazes me every day.

As for me, I'm just staying at home keeping busy playing mommy, cook, maid, wife, homework checker and Young Women's leader.  I am also trying to sell Scentsy on the side to make some small ammount of money.  So if anybody wants to buy some let me know.  You can look at my website at www.scentsy.com/merinda   Nick is in school 40+ hours a week so for now he is only working 8 hours a week on Saturdays.  My mom has been living with us since New Year's eve.  It has been really nice to spend time with her and teach her the gospel.  She also hasn't smoked since she got here and I am so proud of her.  Unfortunately she will be going back to Utah next month since things haven't worked out financially like we had planned.

2 comments:

Jen said...

YAY for a new post! Love that last pic of Aspyn! Such a sweet little lamb!

Kaitlyn said...

so nice to see you posting an update!sounds like you guys are doing well and thats good to hear! I miss you and your babies are beautiful!