Monday, January 19, 2009

We are Here!

On Monday, January 5, 2009 we made the huge change in our lives. We moved to Washington! Nick hasn't found a job yet, but we are happy.

It is so beautiful here! On Saturday we went to a beach in Anacortes with our family Kadi, Avery, and Teiya. We ate lunch and searched for shells and even got to see a seal up close. It was so awesome! Then we went to another beach/bay in Oak Harbor on Whidbey Island (the same Whidbey Island from The Last Mimzy). We found lots of clam shells and other interesting stuff. It was a great day!

And yesterday after church we went to Chuckanut Bay where we saw oysters, clams, crabs, hermit crabs, a trilabite (still alive) and Nick and Braxton found 4 Eels. Then we went on a nice little hike to get back up to where we parked.

I wish that I had pictures of all of these beautiful places and iteresting creatures to show you, but our camera is still packed. The nice thing is that we live here and when we find the camera we can go back and take pics and I can put them on here for you to see. Now you know that we are here, and though our situation is less than perfect we are still very happy and staying positive. We love and miss all of you back in Idaho!!!

4 comments:

Lacey said...

i miss you guys! glad u like it up there!

Matt and Misty said...

Merinda! I am so happy to have found you and to see how you are doing! What an adorable family you have :) I am super jealous that you live in Mount Vernon it is so beautiful up there and the ocean is so close. I hope that you contiue to like it here in Washington. We have been here for about 7 months and have really enjoyed it. If you are ever down in my neck of the woods I would love to get together. We could go shopping in Portland...no sales tax! It makes it all the more enjoyable :)

Derek and Sharice said...

Merinda your family is sooo way cute! By the way it's Sharice "Heaton" now Bradley from high school! email me and I will invite you to my blog!
smbradley@newearthsystems.com

It is so good to see an update! You look so beautiful!

Mrs. Higbee said...

Hey Merinda! It was so great you found me on Facebook. I noticed your blog address on your profile, so I thought this might be a good way to get an update. You have such a beautiful family, and it is good to know you are doing okay. send me an email and I will send you an invite!